The spa hotel Nidelbad was mentioned for the first time in 1513 and described as an exceptional mineral well. Its name “Nidelbad” is based on the sulphurous bath water coated by a light yellow film (Nidel=cream). However, the original well has run dry a long time ago.
The taking over of the Nidelbad by the Swiss Diakonie Association in 1908 marked the beginning of a new source of inspiration: the provision of services to people in need of quiet and relaxation.
Brochure 100 years Diakonie Nidelbad (german)